Monday, February 18, 2013

My F451

The very first time I read the book Fahrenheit 451 I really did not pay attention to the plot of the story. When I went into my sophomore year the meaning of the book became more aware to me. Ray Bradbury was simply showing how the world should turn out if we separate ourselves from emotion and cling to technology our world won't be happy. This idea came to Bradbury because of censorship during his time. Publishers wanted to change most writers words and he very much didn't like it. Bradbury came up with the idea of the universe being completely controlled with no emotion and no books because of this. If we compare what he predicted though to present day time didn't he very much guess right? Its weird to think about but we have really separated ourselves from emotion just like he predicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment